Investigating ebook technology and other digital 'contents' for PDA, especially Pocket PC (...and iPod)
(updated April 4, 04)
multi formats one stop
shopping site, include non fiction and exclusive short fictions.
the best free ebook site in several
3. PeanutPress, award winning ebook store
for PDA, friendly DRM solutions.
eSummaries that deliver wisdom. Perfect for PDA users.
5. eBookAd, many indies label are here
Univ. of Virginia
Library, Free ebooks
7. FreeeLiterature dot com,
classics for free
8. Memoware, free documents from
ESSPC, great place to
start your collection (Free)
10.The Online Book Page,
from U.Penn. new
Recommended eBooks from my ebook shelf
(email me for 10%
Don't Know Much About History
Dirty Little Secrets
Killing The Buddha
The Get With the Program! Guide to Fast Food and Family Restaurants
Star Trek Series
Angels and Demons
Holly Bible NIV ed.
Da Vinci Code
Letters to Penthouse XIX
Letters to Penthouse XVIII
7 Keys to Weight Loss Freedom
Against All Enemies
eBook Mail List/Newsgroup:
Pocket PC Links:
iPod Links: new
Pocket PC eBooks Watch - eBook and beyond
FlashBack Wired: June 97
101 Ways to Save Apple
1. Admit it. You're out of the hardware game. Outsource your hardware production, or scrap it entirely, to compete more directly with Microsoft without the liability of manufacturing boxes.
4. Gil Amelio should steal a page from Lee Iacocca's book - work for one year without a salary, just to inspire the troops.
5. Straighten out the naming convention.
7. Don't disappear from the retail chains. Rent space in a computer store, flood it with Apple products (especially software), staff it with Apple salespeople, and display everything like you're a living, breathing company and not a remote, dusty concept.
8. Buy a song.
15. Dump (or outsource) the Newton, eMate, digital cameras, and scanners.
19. Get rid of the cables. Go wireless.
23. Create a new logo. The corporate graphic of the multicolored apple was tired in the 1980s, now it's positively obsolete.
25. Portables, portables, portables.
34. Port the OS to the Intel platform.
50. Give Steve Jobs as much authority as he wants in new product development.
59. Invest heavily in Newton technology.
64. Team up with Sony
71. Become a graphic design company
100. Build a second graphics/video product based on the connection with Pixar (and therefore with Disney). Steve Jobs and Michael Eisner should define it.
101. Don't worry. You'll survive. It's Netscape we should really worry about.
posted by Jerry permanent link